Happy New Year from J Marlin and Associates Inc.
Here we are at the start of a brand new year and many of us are deciding on our 2017 Resolutions. If you are like hundreds of thousands of other people, living a healthier lifestyle, including losing weight, will be at the top of your list. And, like many of thousands of others, you will fail.
Diets, for most people, teach you to do the wrong things. Check to see how many of the following are familiar to you and what you can do differently in 2017.
How to Sabotage your Next Diet
1. Generate a list of forbidden foods:
- They become an immediate temptation
- They call to you from the fridge in the kitchen
- Leads to sneaky behaviour
- Leads to binge eating
- Leads to guilt
Learn how to eat whatever you want!
2. Weigh yourself frequently:
- If you have gained, you beat yourself up
- If you have lost, it’s never enough
- You end up playing games with the scale
Learn how to put the number on the scale into perspective!
3. Avoid social events:
- Feel deprived
- Who and What is most important to you is ignored
Learn how to control your eating in all situations!
4. Give in to external pressure to lose weight:
- Losing weight for a special event (wedding, reunion)
- Need to fit into an outfit you already own
- Partner wants you to lose weight
- The media trend of the day
- Trying to look like what you see in magazines and on TV
Learn how to move in the direction of what matters most to you!
5. Believe everything you read about dieting:
- You can lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks
- If you exercise, you can eat as much as you want
- It’s always a good idea to go with the salad
- It’s better to eat lots of mini meals rather than eating fewer, larger meals
- Cut back on carbs to lose weight
- Skipping breakfast makes you gain weight
- Eating at night will make you fat
- Slow weight loss is the only way to lose weight and keep it off
- You have to set modest goals if you want to lose weight
- A slow metabolism prevents weight loss
- Low-fat foods help you lose weight
Learn to control your eating behaviour and never diet again!
Balancing ACT for Weight Control
Visit the Education page for details about our upcoming course and FREE Information Session